visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Log scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okonkole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Log scale Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to build a figure similar to this one:

My problem is that I can't generate a uniform spacing in powers of 10 (DG does it in 1e2). I tried to fix it specifically but it automatically modifies the way it represents the data:
Pamela

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default the tick marks will lessen when the graph is smaller. In your example, it looks like it is snapping too quickly to minimize the major tick marks. We are going to update the Beta to better deal with this case in log scale.

You can also override the default tick mark locations in the detail view of the Axis settings.

For example, you can change the X tick marks to 'Uniform' with a Stride in x of 1.

For this example, we noticed that the changing the format from something other than 'Standard' was not working properly for the logarithmic scale (e.g., to show scientific notation).

Please download the latest Beta for this fix as well.

Hopefully, that gets the major tick marks correct.
okonkole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for the quick response. It works perfectly now.
One last suggestion, could you leave the possibility of customizing the size of the tick marks? Similar to the otion "Exactly..." as in the other commands. This way I could choose a very large size as the figure I want to imitate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: