visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting more significant figures from the hover tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Harbinson

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: getting more significant figures from the hover tool Reply with quote

Hi,
I am using Datagraph on OSX 10.12.4.

Depending on the answer this might be more of a feature request, so here goes. I have been using DataGraph to work with some very large (4 000 000 rows) files and it handles these beautifully. I would like the to use the hover tool to get specific point information from the graph window, but while the row value has all the resolution I need, the x and y data seem limited to 4 sig figs. I would, if possible, like to have as many significant figures as I need. Is there a way to increase the number of significant figures?

It would also be great to have a cursor (x and y lines) rather than pointer in the graph window for some uses. The normal mouse pointer can be replaced by a cursor using some 3rd party tools and currently I use xscope for this, but in the case of DataGraph the Xscope cursor blocks the hover window. Does anyone know of a way of changing the DataGraph pointer to a cursor without blocking normal hover tool activity?
all the best,
Jeremy
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the first point, you mean a way to specify resolution in the Automatic setting? You can create the text that you want to display there by using the Text Expression column, but that might not be a good idea when you have a few million rows.

The second point, do you want that cursor in the hover window? Or even as a different type of hover information. The hover window is really a mostly transparent window that is put on top of the document window. Could you for example send me an annotated figure (use Preview for that) with the type of lines and data you have in mind. Send it to david@visual...

David
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest beta tweaks things a little bit. The accuracy for the x and y coordinates will depend on the range. So when you zoom in you get more digits.

DavÝ­
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: