visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registering DataGraph under new system with a proxy server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwendt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Registering DataGraph under new system with a proxy server Reply with quote

My company uses a proxy server to protect our network and monitor all web traffic (in and out; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server). It appears that DataGraph's new registration technique tries to go out the network directly and doesn't use the proxy server by default. I have set HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, RSYNC_PROXY, and the appropriate lowercase variants for these in BASH, but it appears that DataGraph doesn't pull those. What do I need to do so that DataGraph will use the proxy when trying to register?

Thanks,
Jeremy
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me e-mail so I can get more information about this. I would like to figure out how I can be accepted by proxy servers.

David
jwendt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David and I communicated back and forth via email and have come to a solution that works (at least on my machine). It's available in the latest Beta. Note that you must set some things on your machine as well (if you haven't yet): System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced... (button) -> Proxies (tab) -> Configure "Web Proxy (HTTP)", "Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS)", and (for good measure) "FTP Proxy" to contain the correct proxy/port information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: