visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matched colours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Matched colours Reply with quote

DataGraph is fantastic - love it. I'm doing some lovely ternary diagrams but want to colour them to form a nice contour map.
I can colour the graph with a value, and set up the stride to create 9 entries (for instance) but the matched colour only works with 5 entries it seems (which isn't enough)
Does any one know if there a quicker way of generate a colour map with more strides (and more colours) than me automatically going in and adding each one separately? - there is something called clients but i can't find any information on how to use it or what it does.
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limited set of predefined color schemes. Is there a particular color scheme that you want to scale up beyond the preset number?

For gradient based schemes like "Purple-Blue" I can interpolate colors to add in more entries.

Beyond 4.2 I am working on continuous color ramps (currently in the beta) and I will use those for the Points command etc. But for now I can add more presets.

David
Julian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

I think the two i use are red - blue and white to black (those are the ones i most use in other packages) - but then i do a lot of magnetic materials!

Continuous ramps would be great, but yes if i could just allocate a colour scheme that would work for more than 6 colours using some form of interpolate, that would great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: