visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting numbers in scientific format to Illustrator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckress

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Exporting numbers in scientific format to Illustrator Reply with quote

Hello,

Maybe this has already been reported, I'm not sure how to check because I'm quite a newbie in using a forum. And actually I'm not sure it is a bug in DataGraph, the problem may be on my side.
When the format "scientific" is selected for axes marks and I export the graph to Illustrator (CS4), the "x" is not interpreted as a part of the text and is vectorized. I was surprised because I expected the "x" to be a simple letter.
Is it actually a symbol that my Illustrator can't recognize? There isn't any problems with special characters inserted either with DataGraph commands (/beta and so on) or with the special character pannel from the system (MacOSX) though.
I was just wondering if this could be fixed, even if it's not complicated to arrange that in Illustrator afterwards.

CK
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange. I use a unicode character to handle this (C3 97). You can test this by using the string command \times

So try 4\times 2 as a label, and see if Illustrator does the same thing.

David
ckress

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives the same result. It seems that my Illustrator version can't handle this. Never mind, it's not a big problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: