visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rapidly extracting fitting parameters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdm42c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Rapidly extracting fitting parameters Reply with quote

Hello,

I am fitting data to hundreds of equations, and was wondering if there is a way to extract all the fitting parameters at once? Right now I am selecting each on-by-one and copy/pasting to excel. With hundreds of fits, this takes a long time.

Thanks,

Jesse
USA
jdm42c@mail.missouri.edu
Pamela

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes - That sounds painful.

One thing that comes to mind is to use the command line utility. I think though you can only output graphs and not output but maybe this is something to add, if this was of interest.

Ironically, I have been working on a use case for using R to do curve fitting and gathering the data in DataGraph.

It sounds like you are using DataGraph for the fitting but not the output something I had not thought about. One question would be why do you need the output in excel? Smile

If you have to take the data to excel, I would try batching in groups of ten to make it a lot easier. How you set this up would depend on your data but I have some ideas. If you can email an example file to the help desk (help@visualdatatools.com) I would be happy to take a look.

Pamela
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: