visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

peak area calculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauracaponi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: peak area calculation Reply with quote

Dear all, I am new to datagraph and I have a specific request.
I imported one of my chromatogram that produced a nice graph with several peaks. I need to calculate the area of some specific peak.

I used the plot action to integrate, but I obtained a cumulative integrated area under the whole curve, while I'd like to obtain the area of specific peaks.

Is there a way to select the borders of the peak on the graph to limit the integration to the specific peak?

Is there a way to move the x axis letting it cross the y axe above or below the zero (in other words to custom the origin of the axis)?

Thanks for your help.

Laura
lauracaponi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: peak area calculation Reply with quote

No suggestion? Is this the right place to ask this question?

Laura

lauracaponi wrote:
Dear all, I am new to datagraph and I have a specific request.
I imported one of my chromatogram that produced a nice graph with several peaks. I need to calculate the area of some specific peak.

I used the plot action to integrate, but I obtained a cumulative integrated area under the whole curve, while I'd like to obtain the area of specific peaks.

Is there a way to select the borders of the peak on the graph to limit the integration to the specific peak?

Is there a way to move the x axis letting it cross the y axe above or below the zero (in other words to custom the origin of the axis)?

Thanks for your help.

Laura
Pamela

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura,

Yes - this is a great place to ask questions so others can see. Sorry for the delayed response.

Here is a suggestion...

To integrate over specific areas, you can set up columns in the data table to identify the beginning and ending of each peak you want to integrate. Then use a Map column to pull the cumulative integral at those locations. The value at the beginning is subtracted from the value at the end to get the area under a specific peak.

To "move the x axis" you create a function that overlays where you want the axis to be and then you subtract that function from the data using a Plot action.

Here is a link to an example file that uses these techniques to integrate the area under these three peaks:
www.visualdatatools.com/phpFiles/20180810--Integrate/IntegratePeaks-SimpleExample.dgraph.zip

Does this help answer your questions?

Also, if you have an example data set you can also email it to help@visualdatatools.com and we can take a look at it.

Pamela

lauracaponi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Pamela,

exactly the answer I needed Smile

The example file is a great way to explain the procedure in detail.
I' ve tried it with my data, and it works well.

Thank you very much.

Laura
Pamela

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - Glad to hear this worked!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: