visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animation queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khickey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Animation queries Reply with quote

Hey David

I am trying to animate a set of earthquake data, and I have a couple of queries for you. I have 1405 earthquakes that I want to animate. I have set my range to "1,1405" and have the integer box ticked.

When I manually move the slider I get integers between 1 and 1405, but not every integer is shown - it seems to jump in steps of about 3. Is there a limit to the number of integer steps that can be shown in an animation?

When I press the "run" button for the animation, the numbers it shows aren't integers. Rather I get decimal numbers between 1 and 1405. I thought having the integer button ticked would prevent decimal numbers being used?

thanks
cheers
Ken
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run the animation it shows the time with a fraction, but that's not the value that will be used, that is the integer part of the number (not rounded). This is just so that the slider doesn't jump around. In particular when you dont' have that many integers.

You can set the duration of the animation, and at 30 frames per second that will take 47 seconds to play. To avoid saving 90 frames per second I do a stride.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: