visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bar plot with mask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjuk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Bar plot with mask Reply with quote

Now the summer is over I'm back to work Sad and have a heap of data to report...

I'm trying to use the bar plot command along with the mask function to exclude data from the plot but struggling to have the label removed from the graph.

My data is basically

Date, Variable1, Variable2
Jun, 1, 1
Jul, 2, 3
Aug, 1, 4
Sep, 1, 3

etc...

I would like only to have bar plots (label = Date, bar = Variable2) for the data where variable1 is ==1 but when I use the mask function it still populates the labels with masked labels (see pic)

David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the pivot command it will not put labels where there is no data. Of course in this case it will group together the rows that have the same date.

David
pjuk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this, but as you mentioned it groups data with the same "label". I presume there is no other way that you can think of?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: