visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graph window not staying on second monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Graph window not staying on second monitor Reply with quote

Using the latest beta (6/9) and having problems with the graph window jumping back to my laptop screen. This is reproducible under the following conditions:

1. Use full screen preparation and create 3 columns of data say data1, data2, data3.
2. Have Datagraph main window on one screen with definitions and commands sections open.
3. Have the graph displaying x=data1 vs y=data2 on another screen.
4. When choosing say another column e.g. Y=data3, to plot from and you leave the cursor over the for a brief period of time the graph snaps back to screen where the main Datagraph screen is located.

I'm not sure if it is linked but it appears that the graph snapping occurs when the big green indicator arrows flash to highlight the column you are hovering over.

This is a bit annoying as I'm beginning to use my second monitor to act as a canvas and have multiple graphs laid out which need to be reset in place each time it happens...

...other than this still loving Datagraph and impressed all my colleagues with fancy plots that don't need me typing in handfuls of R code!!
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out. I don't have an external monitor right now (normally do) so it will be a few days before I can fix this.

I created an R package to make it easy to move data from R to DataGraph.

https://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/Help/DataFile/R/

David
pjuk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David. Any luck with the monitor issue?

PS - the R package works nicely!
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to replicate it on a HDMI monitor but couldn't.

Can you e-mail me more details (david@visu..).
I put the file in fullscreen mode on the second monitor and dragged the graph over to the main monitor. I followed the steps above, the arrow bounced but the graph did not move over to the screen where the file was in fullscreen mode.

I'm using 10.11, which OS version do you have?

Great that the R package works for you. People haven't sent in any comments on the Data File mechanism, which either they haven't noticed it or it works for them. But it is only a first version and I have additions planned. It would be great to get feature suggestions.

David
pjuk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in the office until Thursday so will report back then. I'll also give some thought about some R integration ideas.
Thanks, Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: