visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie: Hiding Specific Axis Labels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Newbie: Hiding Specific Axis Labels Reply with quote

Hi, all. I'm brand new to DataGraph (and loving it), but you may need to excuse a stupid question. I scanned the forum but don't see an obvious answer.

I have a simple, Y-Standard bar chart. My data runs from 1.5 to 6.58 so the X axis correctly shows labels starting at zero and running to 7.00.

What I'd like to do is hide the first and last values on the X axis (the 0.00 and the 7.00) as they unnecessarily clutter the display, in my opinion.

Is there any way to do that?

Appreciate any guidance, thank you!

-- Robert
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do this using the Extra Axis command. Hide the standard axis (check mark), create an Extra Axis and position it in the same location. The Extra Axis has a lot of options to customize the look. One of them is to exclude particular values.

David
rdr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, David. I understand adding the Extra Axis. Can you give me some guidance to where I find the checkbox to hide the standard axis?

Thanks

-- Robert
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the main axis settings (third entry from the top) there are check boxes called "Draw x numbers" and "Draw y numbers".

The main axis setting uses defaults to pick the axis tick marks and draw the axis titles. If you want to customize the tick marks use the Extra Axis, and if you want to customize the axis you use the Text command.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: