visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filtering out data from being shown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willwade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Filtering out data from being shown Reply with quote

Simple question - I hope simple solution!

I'm trying to filter out values that are either too high or too low - whats the best way of doing it?
I could create an expression column that does the calculation - is there an easier way?
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, is this DataGraph or DataTank? Since you referred to columns, I'm going to assume DataGraph.

A lot of times you can filter this in the drawing command. If you don't want to draw values outside the interval -1000,1000 you can set up a mask so that only values inside that range are used.

You can use an expression column to mask out values, and you can use Infinity or NaN for values you don't want included.

It all depends on what you mean by too high Smile And where you want to use them.

David
darrencoil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Filtering out data in DataGraph Reply with quote

I have a list of revenue and employees, and I want to write an expression that filters out 2 or 3 of them (not mask in the graph) and returns the revenue. This way I can do some statistics/box plots by select employees from the expression generated column. I can't find in the documentation all the functions that are available in the expression, nor the syntax.

Please help.

Thanks,
Darren
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that you want to get a distribution for revenue where for example employee = Steve? That can be done with a mask entry in the box /histogram command.

The expression column wouldn't do this type of filtering.

You can send me a sample file (david@visual...).

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: