visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DataGraph doesn't respond...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katst

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: DataGraph doesn't respond... Reply with quote

Hi,

I use DataGraph mainly for plotting statistics concerning our annual Salary revision, mostly box plots and other simple diagrams. And for the last 2 years everything worked perfectly! But I'm in no way an expert user.

Now Ive encountered a problem that I can't solve. Suddenly during plotting the programme was unresponsive (I tried a new kind of displaying box plots - maybe that was an incompatible command?). To my knowledge i haven't even saved or named the data iI was working on in DataGraph.

Everything is updated. I tried deleting DataGraph and install it again from App Store, restarted my MacBook etc.. But with the same result. DataGraph doesn't respond. What seems odd to me is that after deleting and reinstalling DataGraph my old documents appear when right-clicking the DataGraph icon in the Dock.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? I guess it has something to with the box plot command, but since the programme keeps trying to start the corrupt file, I'm stuck. And I need to get this fixed as soon as possible... The Revision starts on Monday.

I would be most grateful for your help!

Katarina
Pamela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katarina,

I am not quite sure what is happening. Please email a file with this issue to help@visualdatatools.com, and we will be able to see what is going on.

I also suggest downloading the Beta version of DataGraph. That is where you will get the latest bug fixes/improvements.

As an app store user you first have to create an account with Visual Data Tools, as Apple does not share user information with us. You can do that from within the program under DataGraph menu, select Account information.

Then you can download from here...
https://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/Versions/Beta/

Pamela

P.S. I have noticed the files shown on right clicking the icon also. I think this must be a new feature in the OS as other programs have this as well.
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it trying to auto-open a file that is locking up?

The auto-saved files are stored in
~/Library/Containers/com.visualdatatools.datagraph/Data/Library/Autosave Information

You can go into this folder by going into the Finder and then
Go->Go To Folder...
and paste in the above location.

Move those documents out of the folder and relaunch DataGraph.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: