visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Integration with computational languages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkosaka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Integration with computational languages Reply with quote

I noticed in new beta that David is trying to integrate Datagraph with R language. It's very interesting and helpful for me because I used R for preparing bioinformatics data sets and sometime export data for to make a figure in Datagraph. I really excited about that information.

And, also David is asking us another languages, e.g, C++ and python.
I prefer to vote "Julia" and "Ruby". Probably, Ruby is not so highly used in scientific fields, but Julia is developed for scientific computing. Then, I strongly recommend to develop API for Julia. Julia is thought to be an alternative language with R and Matlab.

Anyway, I appreciate David to considering about integration of Datagraph with other computational languages.
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you want an early version of the R package.

Next is python, and I will look into Julia also.

In python, it looks like people use panda for data frames. What do you use in Julia to handle data frames? Do you want to save columns by name?

I'm interested in getting use cases and testers for python and Julia.

David
tkosaka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia has "DataFrames.jl" package providing function as like in R's Data frames.
Ruby also has similar gem "Daru" but "CSV" is more integrated into system core.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: