visualdatatools.com Forum Index visualdatatools.com
Discussion for DataTank and DataGraph

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add plots command with mask option and/or split data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessequinn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Add plots command with mask option and/or split data Reply with quote

Hi David,

Would it be possible to include in the "add plots" command to have a "use mask" or something that can split the add into parts. Nonetheless, I would like to use a single plots command to do this rather than using individual plot commands with use mask. I have included an image of a graph where I would like to have a different colour per line in each plot on both sides of the origin (0).

https://ibb.co/hoo50k
[/img]
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me look into adding a mask option to the command.

David
jessequinn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

Thanks, this allows us to use the same column or rather split a column into separate graphs.
jessequinn

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

not to be pushy, but when can this be added? Very Happy
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will work on it this weekend.

David
jessequinn

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

Thanks!
jessequinn

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

Oh one thing, in the image you can see that there are two zeros for the centre origin. How can I make that a single 0?

Regards,
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added it to the latest beta.

David
jessequinn

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

thanks. How about the single 0 at the origin?
jessequinn

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

David

After reviewing the edit. This is not what I meant. I was hoping for a mask for each plot added to the plots command.

https://ibb.co/eSxJMQ
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you might, but the global mask was overdue for the Plots command.

Which each mask be different? One of the reasons is that the Plots command is supposed to scale very well when you have a large number of columns and having to tweak each entry manually is tedious. Better than not being able to do it, but sometimes the gear menu can include entries that automate standard actions.

Of course at some point for full options a Plot command for each x-y pair is the way to go Smile

It should be relatively easy to add an additional mask entry into each setting and that will be done in addition to the overall mask. And considering that if this is in a drawing group the drawing group can also have a mask defined, you will be able to really layer on the mask settings.

David
jessequinn

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Which each mask be different? One of the reasons is that the Plots command is supposed to scale very well when you have a large number of columns and having to tweak each entry manually is tedious. Better than not being able to do it, but sometimes the gear menu can include entries that automate standard actions.

Of course at some point for full options a Plot command for each x-y pair is the way to go Smile

It should be relatively easy to add an additional mask entry into each setting and that will be done in addition to the overall mask. And considering that if this is in a drawing group the drawing group can also have a mask defined, you will be able to really layer on the mask settings.

David

I get that you want to plot separate columns. How about situations, like mine, here I have thousands of data points reflecting multiple "plots". Yes, I may use separate plot commands, but they will added up and clutter space. The plots command allows the compartmentalization of those plots in a single command. Yes, the mask would use different segments of one column. I was think using either a mask or some sort of divider automatically producing superimposed plots by a division of the single column data set.
jessequinn

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessequinn wrote:
David wrote:

David

I get that you want to plot separate columns. How about situations, like mine, here I have thousands of data points reflecting multiple "plots". Yes, I may use separate plot commands, but they will added up and clutter space. The plots command allows the compartmentalization of those plots in a single command. Yes, the mask would use different segments of one column. I was think using either a mask or some sort of divider automatically producing superimposed plots by a division of the single column data set.

furthermore, the division of this data allows me to change the colour, line type etc..
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a mask option inside the plot line entry. Uploaded a new beta.

David
jessequinn

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Added a mask option inside the plot line entry. Uploaded a new beta.

David

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    visualdatatools.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: