live in the beta
Download the beta
Join the many users that live in the Beta.
The Beta version is where we try out improvements
and additions to the program,
many of which are suggested by users,
either on the
or contacting us through the Help menu.
Now that 4.3 is out (January 20, 2018), the beta resets. There are features that are hidden in the release version but are visible in the beta so they can be tested and refined.
Live on the edge, follow the beta. It is fairly stable, but transient problems do pop up. They are quickly dealt with and the beta is sometimes updated several times a day. If you are running the beta you will be notified if a new version is available.
Existing Features in the Beta
- Data File mechanism.
Can create this using R (still in early testing, contact me to get the R package)
or using the Special Import and the new Save button.
The Data File is created through the Other option and is a group.
- R package (with source) to write data files is under testing,
let me know if you are interested in C++ source code to write data files
and if there is interest in a python library.
Working on making it easy to get data into DataGraph from various programming environments.
- Units conversions for the standard numerical column type.
Create them through the gear menu.
See the bulletin board.
- A preference option so that you can set when the Points command switches to a pixel approach.
The default is 200,000 but you can raise it if you want to get more points drawn with the selected marker.
- Scalar Field command - recently added an option to draw logically rectangular meshes.
This means you can specify the x and y coordinates of the mesh as arrays and not just lists.
- Column - Number From String - Looking for a good use case
- Freehand command
- Database connectivity
Beta Release Notes
- 1/20: Released 4.3, reset the beta.
- 2/05: Fixed an issue with the Bar command when you used 'Stairs' on a logarithmic axis.
- 2/09: Fixed a run time exception - See the bulletin board.